I believe I am exhibiting signs of the early onset of a sushi addict.
- The women in the deli downstairs pull the california rolls out of the cooler before I make it to the counter. And they beamingly acknowledge that I “REALLY like SUSHI!”. Yes, they recently employed a Japanese cook who can also roll. These are my pushers. Three lunches out of five last week.
- My boss wanted to know why I was walking around with a chopstick in my mouth, and I had to explain that it still had wasabi and soy flavor. She understands - she’s a fellow addict.
- It’s only Wednesday, and I’ve already had sushi twice this week.
- I deliberately went the extra two miles to pick up some items on my lunch break the HEB at Parmer @ Mopac, rather than the one across I-35 (which I can see from our offices), so that I could eat at one of my favorite sushi places, Odaku.
- I bought a bottle of soy sauce to keep in my cubicle, but at least it was the sodium lite!
- I barely resisted buying the wasabi peas HEB actually had in the Asian section- surprisingly wide assortment.
But there’s still hope-
I am foregoing the October ASS tonight, because over seventy folks have RSVPd. Even though the restaurant is offering free appetizers and sake to our group, and allowing carry-in since they don’t yet have a beer/wine/liquor license. As I mentioned in a previous post, I would prefer the company of a smaller group of laidback friends who are foodies than the HHH social crowd. Guess I am getting old!
Of course, I may just make a date tonight with some red savinas.......anybody have a fire extinguisher?